Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing in Windows 11

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

This is Aly, I update my operating system from windows 10 to 11 and im not having any issue in the whole windows but adobe softwaresm i guess it is not really supporting by this operating system, what really happening is when i open photoshop or illustrator it everytime freezes and never get back until i restart the app this is really very disappointing please make it update for windows 11, because its reallt hard for me to manage all my work, i cant change windows 11 to 10 again because i already set up everything on my laptop, it would be really appreciated ad thankfull if you would help me out with this problem Thankyou.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 11 on my laptop and the software is running fine. 

I suggest:

• making sure your video card drivers are up to date. Don't depend on the Windows OS update--go to the GPU manufacturer and search for an update. 
  • completely uninstall the Creative Cloud apps, including the CC app itself. Then reinstall.
David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr Creamer,

Thanks for your advice but i already did that thing too i unstall my windows 11 once and completely install the wind 11 and the software again, and as well as i updated all the drivers of my gpu too but the problem remains same i dont know why is that happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here.And i know lots of people with this problem. All adobe softs freeze at start in win 11

Thats realy bad, please fix it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say anything about your Photoshop/Illustrator versions.

As a matter of precaution, I do not install a new OS if I'm uncertain that it runs well on my system. That also includes my user software. And as Windows 10 is still widely supported, I do not see an immediate incentive to change to Windows 11, even that Windows reminds me, that my system is ready for the upgrade.

I agree that not every one can maintain a testing system and a production system, so I would refrain from being an early adopter.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using the "Studio Driver" from Nvidia, and illustrator keeps freezing and or locking-up... Download and reinstall your parallel Game Driver. 

Studio drivers are primarily for 3d applications.  Also, windows 11 is quite robust so be sure to grab your latest driver firmware pack.  

After 3 months of struggling with this, finally a fix for windows 11 and Adobe Illustrator.  Well my fix for my specific issue. Surface Book 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right.

both photoshop and illustrator are freeing for me however XD worked. 

It is very irritating, dont know the solution / fix for this.

do i need to reinstall windows 10?

how did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines