• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing of PS and Illustrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC 2020 out of the gate is quite a dissappointment. Both Photoshop and Illustrator are insanely slow now, and both freeze at 50% save? Hoping a patch is the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked todays updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I have check and installed updates.  As of this morning I am having the same problem of the photoshop freezing at 50% save.  I am having to shut down and my computer and start over.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version today and problems persist, i'm working on a document with 4 different artworks, didn't have issues before but since the recent update to 2020 it has been really frustrating to work on my projects because i'm now i'm wasting too much time getting all these "beach balls" and waiting on some simple operartions like selecting some tools or turning off layer visibility.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using PC systems. Win 7, 3400 8-core processor/32 GB RAM. Nvidia 1060 6 GB video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating. I am unable to complete work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to save? To the local HD or a network, external HD, etc.

Check permissions to make sure it has read write permissions and also that the account you are logged in on has Admin privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are saving to a local network. However, older versions of PS and Illustrator are working fine. The problem appears to be with the latest update of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions on the network drive and make sure "everyone" is set to read write to the location.

Also this may help:

Photoshop and Networks/Removeable Media 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate that. It makes sense, but with the volume of work we do here, suddenly trying to work from a local drive is not something easily managed. I am sure we are not alone in that. One wonders why this is happening now, when it has worked fine since, oh about 2004!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Anyone found a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines