• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezing when zooming/panning

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this issue just randomly one day where when I try to pan around my canvas or zoom the canvas breaks up, some parts staying the previous size, only partially zooming in and then freezing the program. When I try to grab a tool I'm unable to do anything. Occasionally I can close the program but usually photoshop is so frozen and unresponsive I have to end the task from the task manager. This issue popped up one day with no warning and has made Photoshop completely unusable. I've narrowed it down to a photoshop issue because I can load other drawing programs and those work fine. So it doesn't seem to be in issue with my MoblieStudio Pro. 

It happens with different file sizes and types. I've tried every tip and trick I can find online from resetting the preferences to messing with the proformance settings to uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, uninstalling and reinstalling my tablet drivers. Complete overhauling updates to my computer and programs. Nothing is resolving this issue. 

If anybody else has experienced this issue and has found a fix I would love, love, love to hear about it!

Here is a picture I took of my screen during the freeze to share exactly how it's glitching. 

PXL_20221015_003233642.MP.jpg

Photoshop 23.5.1

Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Preferences > Tools... and uncheck "Enable Flick Panning" and "Animated Zoom". Does this fix the problem?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Creative Cloud app allows for the simultaneous installation of multiple versions of Photoshop. Try installing another/earlier version and see if that works. I appreciate that this isn't a fix but it may help isolate where the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing an older version of Photoshop worked! I had to go back two versions to get it zooming and panning normally again. Thank you for this fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Great to hear you are back up and running. Hope you find a concrete solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines