• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

frequent restarts & glitches

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is a Dell laptop XPS 15. Windows 10.

I am using Photoshop 23.5.1...it is up to date.

Often, but not always, when I launch PS I get an error message that my graphics processor is not compatable. When I go to Help>GPU Compatability, it tells me it is compatable. It is Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Under Device Manager, I was told that the graphics is up to date.

PS has been acting up...the tools have been glitchy.

I am also having problems with my computer restarting frequently. The error message says "stopcode" and "Driver_Power_State_Failure". It happens randomly, not just when I am using PS.

I have a mouse. Usually my printer is attached by USB and I always attach either headphones or a set of old HK little speakers. Storage devices on rare occasions.

Could PS be the problem? Should I do a complete uninstall/reinstall of PS? What else could it possibly be?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the error message an adobe message?  a microsoft message?

can you get a screenshot of the error message?

and if you want to test if the shutdowns are related to a photoshop/graphics issue, disable hardware acceleration in ps.

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't take a screen shot until I get the error message again. It is a blue screen and says error and needs to restart, plus the things I mentioned above. It is from Windows, not Adobe.

I have unchecked Use Graphics Processor in PS. I will have to wait and watch to see if it helps.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

I just restarted PS and got this message. 

I have tried updates and am always told everything is up to date.

Cache was and is set to 4.

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the blue screen again but wasn't quick enough to get a screen shot.

I went to Intel previously but I remember being told I was up to date. I am now on the site...will I have to select a specific driver or will it know what I need?

Still wondering if it would be a good idea to completely uninstall and reinstall PS. But also thinking it is a bigger issue than PS, since I sometimes get the blue screen when PS is not active.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this tool and it will detect and install the correct driver for you. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

BSOD's are usually caused by buggy drivers or failing hardware, Dell normally have hardware diagnostic software which can be accessed on boot, you'll need to check on the Dell website to confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Intel diagnostic software and ran it. The program made me restart.

It showed 2 updates...I clicked Install All. Then another restart.

I went back to it...the following screen came up. The Install button does not work.

Now what?

I haven't gone to Dell...should I do that now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOPS...I just needed to click Agree. Installing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blue In Progress button has been going round and round for 10 minutes. No Cancel button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hidden Intel screen behind Progress screen prompted me to Install. I did Clean Install.

Intel now says I am up to date. Now I will go to Dell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On second thought, I am sick to death of this. I am going to see if the new Intel drivers solved my issues before going to the trouble of going to Dell.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines