• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

from overcast to bright sun

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is one of several photos shot on a farm that was rented. It was setup for late evening and overcast with LOTS of lights to get the bokeh effect. The sun popped out and this is the results. Any ideas on how to edit these photo would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The yellows in the background can easily be shifted into desaturated greens to make things darker. Even a simple Hue/ Saturation without any additional masking does a good job at that, though of course, for the final result you may want to do just that to not muddy up the models. Boosting the lights will be near impossible, though, unless you intend to work your fingers off. This is a case whre simply placing some lens flares or another graphic on top that gives you the glittery effect would be much, much easier.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesss, so much better after toning down the yellows in background like you stated.Im going to search for something to either cover up the stands of light or maybe fairy light brush to put sparkle on the lights. I really really do appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this?

2022-12-09_13-48-10.jpg

Quick and dirty but used the the camera raw filter (better to use Camera Raw if you have the raw image) to lower brightness and change colour temperature of the background. Pro-Digital's Star Filter pro for highlight stars.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love that. i do shoot raw but only recently therefore not much experience editing them. I love the pro digitals star filter and going to search for that. did you do all of the editing in camera raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - all editing in camera raw filter. I brushed a soft edge mask where an adjustment should only affect certain areas.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommmed checking Adobe help and YouTube for camera raw tutorials, its powerful if you learn how to use the tools properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im in need of a star filter that will work with a macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, Ive searched for the star filter and several popped up. Do you mind sharing the one that you used plz? I tried a couple different ones but really like the looks of the one that you used. thanks so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patriciat66400607 wrote:

Do you mind sharing the one that you used plz?.

It's StarFilter Pro 4 (Windows only 😕)

https://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/StarFilterPro4.html 

BC224B74-ED62-4E76-8A72-D32426C8D3DC.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Unfortunately, as Jane rightly points out, Star Filter Pro 4 is Windows only

https://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/StarFilterPro4.html

I don't have a Mac so have not tried any others

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I shoot in this kind of light I simply let the background blow out. Its not important and still is recognizable even if overexposed. In the future you can add more fill light if you want it balanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines