• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Photoshop to Lightroom and back (can't save)

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bring my photo over from Lightroom to Photoshop everything works fine. After the edit though, I can't simply "save" and close it, I always have to choose options as if I clicked on "save as". This means it probably changes the files name or does something else which prohibits it from going back to lightroom. 

This is the screen I get:

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-26 om 19.26.00.png

Now the strangest part - when I click no compression (top left) and leave the rest as is, the edited photo sometimes DOES go back to lightroom. However when I put more time into the edit and it takes 5-10 minutes, I attempt to save it the same way and gets lost. So I'm basically getting trolled.

If anyone could help me before I break my monitor, I'd be very grateful.

I'm on macOS Big Sur version 11.2 (20D64), mac mini (M1, 2020)

Photoshop (23.3.2) and lightroom (5.3)

Thanks

Michael

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael12lp, sorry to hear you are having issues.  There are a lot of dicsussions about the MacOS and permissions, am curious if that is what you are running up against?

Take a look at this article and let us know if this solves your issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Cory,

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, restarted my computer, but didn't seem to work.

Some perhaps useful additional information: once I save the image in photoshop, close it and then try to quit lightroom - it says I shouldn't close the application because it thinks we're still working on the file in photoshop. So somehow it doesn't even recognize me saving and closing the image in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In System Preferences, >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop and Lightroom Classic listed? If not, do add it and try again.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for late response - yes I already did this, which did not fix my issue unfortunatly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines