Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Frustrating Data Set/Variables glitch! Help!

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am learning Variables/Data Sets and have managed a good pixel replacement setup. But when I execute the export, or even preview the output in the DataSet dialog box, the reference assets are visible, but many are misplaced/misaligned. There should be a precise overlap in layers and some are even off the page. 
- every file is the same exact pixel size with proper alignment when viewed as a regular layered file. 
- I have selected "as is" for the pixel replacement option, so nothing is resized. 

Some considerations: 

- the assets are all on the same size canvas, but are single layers with transparency around them. I have tried making single pixel registration dots in all four corners of every file, wondering if PShop needed the full canvas as a bounding box. No dice. 
- they are fairly large at 4K, but each file has only one layer and small areas of the canvas have pixels. 
- I got it to work ONCE, where I did NOT do any previewing, any "Apply" buttons. I built the main file, entered the defined variables, hit OK, and exported the data set. But that was a small test run with a few assets and I haven't been able to replicate that with larger sets. 

please please please help!! 
🙏 

Pablo

(v.2020, MacOS Big Sur)

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting step-by-step screenshots illustrating your attempts makes users to be more willing to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines