• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for native full-screen mode on macOS

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that full screen apps is a wonderful idea. I can start in such a way some of the apple apps (safari, imail, numbers) - I like switching between them. It will be desirable to enable this option for Ligtroom & Photoshop (both CS and Elements) to behave in similar way under new Mission Control stuff...

Idea Under review
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016
As of versions 6.6 and CC2015.6, this is supported in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012
I thought I'd take a moment to outline OS X's fullscreen mode in relation to Photoshop's Full Screen Modes and explain why we stuck with our Full Screen Mode:

Here's the short story: If we replace Photoshop's Full Screen mode with the native 10.7 full screen mode, then our users will loose the following functionality:

• The ability to use multiple displays while in fullscreen mode

• The ability to switch between different document windows while in fullscreen mode

This in not something our long...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 386 Replies 386
386 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been hoping for it too, it was the first thing I tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having trouble with Photoshop not displaying in fullscreen. I became a Creative Cloud member just today, so I am running all of the most recent updates. I am using a MacBook Pro 2018, with all updates installed, as well.

I've seen where a few people have referenced this problem in other posts, but I haven't found a resolution to my problem. I do not wish to simply hide the dock as many have suggested in other posts, I want for it to function as its own window. I favor using the trackpad to slide between open apps, but this does not allow for me to easily reach the desktop.

Please help, I feel so very confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop not working on full screen (Catalina) there is just + on green button but not the arrows. I called adobe support and they were not able to help. Promised fix in new update. Roman. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem exist already for many years and Adobe doesn't want to fix it. There is no any solution or a way to solve this problem. It is just a way photoshop app works. That's it.

Moderator: Edited for language

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread describing this problem exists already for 8 years. They have been promising to fix it for a long time. Don't be so silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll believe that they will fix it when I see it - this issue has been ongoing for quite a while and there has been no indication that they plan to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop & InDesign regularly and prefer it to be on fullscreen as it's easy to switch between apps and allows full focus on the work I'm doing on the artboards. It's been almost 2 years since the CC updates. I can't work on fullscreen. Please fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this ever get resolved? It really slows down workflow to not be able to make this its own desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you found a fix already, but what I do is add a second desktop and put photoshop on that.

You just open your window viewer (3 finger up-swipe on the trackpad) and click the '+' in the top right. It should make a 'desktop 2'. Then, with photoshop open, just drag the PS window into the desktop 2 preview. Now you can Control + right/left arrow onto photoshop as if it were in native fullscreen mode.

Hope I helped someone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu bar in Photoshop has three dots to the upper left. When clicking on the right button among them one would wish the menu bar to disappear and the interface to fill the computer screen, just like in applications from Apple and other providers, such as ON1. Please, let this happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is incompetent. Since the new leadership, they are only interested in cashing in on monopoly.

What we need is a viable competitor to PS so we can dump it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This literally does nothing. The dock is still there even on the second desktop. The only way to go fullscreen is to hide the dock. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this work-around helped my work flow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fast-forward to 2021 and we still don't have native full-screen on the Mac. Why are we being denied that feature? I don't want to hear about workarounds or any of that, I know how to do that, I shouldn't have to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what i needed! So that I can sweep between programs without using the top left bar. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a none sense that photoshop does not support full screen mode... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for Photoshop, I need it to take up the whole space when I hit the green maximize button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved a lot of my problem! What do you do with your "Windows"? I have mine linked together and showing on another monitor, and its a mission that they disappear all time and end up on top of other apps that I open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look through your Spaces preferences. I have a half-dozen Spaces and keep each app in its own Space. Photoshop is a bit buggy and likes to switch to other Spaces, I haven't found a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver. I am so happy you made this comment. It's a small adjustment but it is soooo nice to have

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to open Photosop in Full Screen? Latest Mac os and PS build! Its work in Lightroom but i can't do it in PS. Please help me. Cntrl+Comm+F don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View- Screen Mode - no availible 

janee_0-1659829142889.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not the answer. I am also trying to find a way to use Photoshop CC in native fullscreen but with your solution you can swipe with three thingers but it is still not possible to make the program fill the whole screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe claims on their websites that the new Photoshop CC versions are fully compatible and able to run native on the new M1-Macbooks. I've been searching far and wide to find a way to open Photoshop CC in native full-screen mode on my MacBook-Pro like any other problem. However there doesn't seem to be anyway to do it. All "solutions" that you can find on different plattforms as well as on this one are basically just work-arrounds that don't really solve anything. 

I don't see any reason why is should be the case. Afterall the native UI of MacBooks hasn't changed too much in recent times and even if it did, other proffessional applications don't seem to be having a problem with it. 

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asking for this since my very first MacBook ever, which ran OS X Mavericks. At the time, a couple Adobe programmers joined in the topic and stated they would look into it, and now we're in 2021 into the second year of Apple Silicon Macs and the newest Photoshop continues to not have it. At this point, I'm almost convinced they will NEVER add it.

Stubbornly, Adobe seems to think that their built in full screen mode is a viable replacement. It's not, and it honestly sucks in my opinion. Let me tell you the ways.

Maximize Window: If you maximize the native window to avoid Photoshop's terrible full screen mode, surprise! You always get a sliver of gap at the top because windows are rounded on Mac. With the notch on the new M1 Pro devices running Monterey, it's even more noticeable and annoying.

Any Photoshop Full Screen Option: So okay, Adobe wants us to use their native Photoshop full screen mode. But surprise again! If you're in that mode and swipe over to another Space in Mission Control, the toolbars flicker and persist on the new space. Super annoying.

This can very easily be solved by adding the option to use macOS' native full screen mode. It's been tried and tested and loved since OS X Lion, and even the most garbage and undeveloped apps support this feature. Even several of Adobe's apps do! But not Adobe's most used app, Photoshop.

Stop being stubborn about this Adobe, add this easy-to-add feature. You're going to be getting more and more Mac users who are jumping on the Apple Silicon bandwagon, trying out Photoshop, and getting annoyed. People are already jumping ship to Affinity and Pixelmator, both of which have had native full screen support from the start, along with a one time fee. If you want Photoshop to be worth the insane monthly costs you ask for it, listen to Mac users when they tell you: EVERYONE uses native full screen. It's been 10 years since OS X Lion. 10 years. To add a single API link Apple provides. It's absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate