Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FX Box Real Paint FX

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 23.0.0

I've run FX Box's Real Paint FX for awhile now with no problem.  But now when I try to run it I get the error message:

Error: Start command queue error: HERSULT error: Not enough memory resources are available to complete theis operation.

I've never had this happen before.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

I just opened Preferences and went down to Technology Previews and then ticked the box that said "deactivate native canvas" and restarted photoshop. I then ran the filter on all the images it had previously failed on and they all worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how much free ram do you have, what is the memory allocation in Prefrences/performance? you need to leave some RAM for the plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for writing. I have almost 10gigs of free RAM.  The program worked fine until the latest upgrade of Photoshop.  Maybe I'll try reloading the paint program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, all of a sudden since the latest update Real Paint FX throws up the same error 

Error: Start command queue error: HERSULT error: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

The ONLY way I can get it to work is to reduce the resolution of the image by at least 50% !!! This is not exceptable.

I have a 6GB Nvidia graphics card with the latest drivers and an 8 core i7 CPU and 32 gigs of ram. When the error occurs my ram is 98% used!!!!! it has NEVER gone that high. With the reduced resolution image, after running  paint FX my ram usage after the filter is 25%. Thats normal. The issue is photoshop not my ram or pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you raised this with the maker of the plug in?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if something has changed in the latest update then the makers of plugins need to be made aware (maybe a more detailed update page for coders of plugins) so that IF the problem is with their plugin then they can change it. And as it turns out this is not the only plugin that's being effected. They all Work on all older versions of photoshop. You don't need to be a Vulcan to use logic there. I would just like a sharing of information to stop this happening all the time. Or at least a bit of effort that the paying public can see that Adobe is actually looking into it. Updates on progress etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not an Adobe employee so can't comment on what they are or are not doing. I do know that several plug in makers take part in Adobe's pre-release programme. Whether that includes the maker of this one, I don't know.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Richard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I had a conversation with the developer via email and he said they were blindsided by the Adobe update.  Obviously, Adobe does not care much about 3rd party vendors or the people like me who pay for them and Like to use them.  He said they are working hard to get a patch in place.

I have heard nothing as of today January 17, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>they were blindsided by the Adobe update

I'm not a programmer, but I detect a little CYA on the part of the developer. 

Most developers are--or should be--part of the beta program. While things can change during development, developers would have been made aware. I see a website page from Oct. 2021 discussing the new UXP for Photoshop plugins. The page says some legacy plugins are supported, but it seems to depend on how it was written.

I can understand a small developer not being ready for the new release, especially if they must rewrite the plugin from the ground up (if their code is not supported under the legacy guidelines). However, I don't know if blindsided would be the proper phrase. Perhaps they were blindsided months ago when Adobe first announced the change and are still in the process of rewriting the code. 

A general rule for using plugins is don't update your software unless the developer's website either sttes it is compatible with the new software or they release a update. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  I hope FX adapts their software soon.  All we can do is wait.
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David,  Hope it is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to do that. I will use my workaround and lower the resolution till they manage to get a patch in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or install the prior version of Photoshop if that makes sense for your workflow.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may make sense on M1 Macs, though the older (2019) Photoshop should run in Rosetta2

I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tinkering around I found out the disabling native canvas seems to work, an image that caused the memory error before now seems to work. Hope this may help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard, Did you have to reload the program?  How did you get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened Preferences and went down to Technology Previews and then ticked the box that said "deactivate native canvas" and restarted photoshop. I then ran the filter on all the images it had previously failed on and they all worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that right away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was successful!  Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.. I will try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richard,

I need your help again. Your Real Paint FX solution has been working fine for the last month.  Well I guess Photoshop screwed with us again and it stopped working today.  Attached is the error message that I'm getting as well as other Photoshop users. Have you gotten the same messsage?

Hope you can help.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to scripts and browse you can load real paint from there. it's just the fx box that's stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a PDF guide on how to install via scripts and not FX BOX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir  you are a life saver thank very much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines