• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate > Image Assets doesn't work half the time

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is causing this but I'll have multiple layers in a PSD with .jpg as the ending and when I try to use Generate > Image Assets, 50 to 75% of the time the checkmark won't appear next to image assets. I'll click on it, check to see if the folder was generated, nothing happens, and then I go back to check to see if the checkmark appeared next to Image Assets and it's not there. What can cause generator not to activate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

That does not sound right, as Generate > Image Assets is not working as expected, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and operating system you're working on?

• Does it happen with every file or one specific file?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue yourself?
  • When was the last time it worked as expected?
  • Do you have any third party plugins installed in Photoshop?

We are here to help, just need some more info.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• This happens with any file I try generate image assets with.
  • I'm not sure what else to try to troubleshoot this issue. I tried seeing if I had to save it first, I try moving a layer a little bit to nudge it and then clicking generate again, but it feels totally random that it works 1 time and then doesn't work the next 10 times.
  • Last time it worked as expected was earlier today when it randomly worked again. I thought it might be because the images were on network but now I have them on my desktop and the same thing happens.
  • I have Layers Control 2 installed and adobe color themes.
  • I'm on windows 10, photoshop version 19.1.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information, could you please try updating Photoshop to version 20.0.4 from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue. Generate Images just stops saving changes sometimes and gives no error message. Just stops saving the changes and sometimes the saved image is deleted. Often it is when working with many PSD-files after another but disk space is not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affirmative, but here it's even worse, I can't turn it on whatsoever. I use 23.0 atm

Last time it worked for me was with 22.1 but dunno about the versions in between because I didn't needed it again till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my side (25.6)
I have exactly the same problem here, I generate assets with a stroke effect, my document is in 512x512, I want my assets in different sizes from this one (128-64-32) all my layers have masks. But when they are generated, sometimes they are correct, sometimes not at all for a reason I completely ignore, just saving and sometimes it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I have fx on my layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When your generate is checked, it means it's "on" and when not checked, it's off. You don't have to do anything when it's on... any layers you create, changes you make, etc. will happen automatically. Just leave it checked...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand the "Try updating to the latest version to solve the problem" logic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines