• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Image Asset TIF

New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if there is an extention/plugin that can work in conjunction to work along side the generate image asset for tif files? This would be incredibly helpful. 

Or is there another way I can batch export each layor crop as tif files? 

Not sure if this would be done via plugin, action, or script.

any insights would be apperciated.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 1.06.36 AM.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

@Devin D Calico 

Do you wish to retain canvas transparency or crop/trim transparency?

Have you looked at the export layers to files script that ships with Photoshop?

There is also a Layer Saver and Layer Saver Plus script from Paul Riggott:

https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/blob/master/Layer%20Saver%20Plus.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Devin D Calico 

Do you wish to retain canvas transparency or crop/trim transparency?

Have you looked at the export layers to files script that ships with Photoshop?

There is also a Layer Saver and Layer Saver Plus script from Paul Riggott:

https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/blob/master/Layer%20Saver%20Plus.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

Thanks

I was looking at it how "Generate Assets" works so the crop would export the cropped image as a tif.

The current workflow I'm using is the background layer is what's actually being cropped and exported. Those shapes are just for making the selection > save copy > tif.

I've tried making an action / scripts (I'm not well versed in scripts). I did take a look at that github, but looking at the general code, I'm unsure if it's what I'm looking to do.

But If there is a way I could automate this process of croping and saving based on those shapes that would be amazing. The number of exports vary from project to project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want each layer trimmed of transparency, or to retain the original canvas size with transparency? TIFF is a flattened format so the background would be white, but it can retain Photoshop layer transparency if reopening back into Photoshop.

Looking at your screenshot, I would suggest making the background layer a normal layer, then moving it to the top of the stack and making it a clipping group so that any active layer below it will automatically crop it based on the clipped transparency. Then the Layer saver script can create the combinations. I'll test to see if this actually works as I think it should!

Edit: I have tested and it seems to work...

Here is a screenshot of the background image as a layer at the top of the layer stack, clipped to the layers below:

layers.png

And here is the output of the Layer Saver Plus script, with all layers selected and visible before running the script and setting the top layer as the common layer:

Layer Saver Plus Script.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do want to trim/crop out the transparency. I'll give this script a go and see how it works. I'm trying to look through the documentation. when saving the TIF file can you set the compression (i.e None, LZW, etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an error with the script (below). I'm quite new to scripts...

but judging by your tif files it didn't crop the white/transparency. I would need the files to be the exact size of the shape being clipped too.

Line: 28

->      <meta name="optimizely-datafile" content="{&quot;groups&quot;: [], &quot;environmentKey&quot;: &quot;production&quot;, &quot;rollouts&quot;: [], &quot;typedAudiences&quot;: [], &quot;projectId&quot;: &quot;16737760170&quot;,  .... lots more 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you did to generate that error. This obviously worked for me, with the layer stack as described in the screenshot and the screenshot of the successful output. Perhaps you should post a screenshot of the layer panel and also a screenshot of the script interface (does it get that far?) with the various options selected and also a screenshot of the error message when running the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the error upon starting the script. Not sure if I added it correctly. I saved the jsx file and put it in the scripts folder. and I go to file > script > layer saver plus and then the error. I could screenshot the error, but its a small window with a large scrolling script error.

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 5.38.35 PM.png

 I'm also on PS 23.3.2 not sure if it makes much a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, you can also try the Layer Saver script if the Layer Save Plus isn't working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same version of PS too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This method worked, however, it didn't work as we needed it to. It in fact is a more extended and more computer-intensive method than if we were to export each item manually. But it did work as you stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines