Generator Bug: Generator strips transparent padding around image

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've notice a fairly severe bug in Generator when generating images where a transparent padding exists...

For example when creating background images for use with Xcode UI Builder.  UI Builder likes to have some transparent padding around the main image.

Generator generates images, but strips the transparent padding.

In my specific case, I'm using a canvas of 1232 x 782 with an image that is 1200x750 centered on the canvas, resulting in a 16px transparent padding on all sides.

Generator generates images that are 1200x750 rather than generating images that should be 1232x782.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Meisterstück Solitaire sorry to hear this. Would it be possible to share a file that you are seeing this for the team to test with?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 

See attached PSD (generator-test.psd) and image generated by generator (generator-test.png).

Also attached is my system info (systeminfo.txt).

I guess there is no way to attach documents...  Here is a link to the files (generator-test.zip):

https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/3rL9OcjA/file.html 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. Would it be possible to email to me directly rather than the third party app? Send your file(s) to shubert@adobe.com

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email sent...

Thank you for looking into this!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Meisterstück Solitaire, per the team it appears that this is how it has always done and is working as designed.

A couple things that might help you in your workflow:

https://github.com/adobe-photoshop/generator-assets/wiki/Generate-Image-Assets-Functional-Spec#how-c...

...and use the clip-all-images-to-document-bounds option.

Another one would be this app if working on your OS/system:

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.html?zpluginId=2274

Hope this helps,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After evaluating the suggested "work arounds", it appears that this is still an issue.

Basically, Generator exihibits behavior contrary to "Export | Quick Export as PNG"!

This is a bug.  A bug is a bug, is a bug, and is a bug!

BTW:   I never selected the "Correct answer"!  Apparently, it was selected for me...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines