• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get the exact color in Hue/Saturation from background/foreground

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to colorize an image using the Hue & Saturation to match the colors you have on your background/foreground settings? I can't figure out how to put or paste the hex code on the background/foreground so that it would actually colorize something in the exact color I wanted it to be. Does someone know any solutions for this?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What exactly are you trying to achieve? 

Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Gradient Map? 

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 11.54.27.pngScreenshot 2021-09-11 at 11.55.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I am editing a PNG file with some shadows and other stuff in it because it was previously created with some Blending Options in it before it was exported. I am changing the color of the image and I really want to match the foreground color (notice the color picker) into the Hue/Saturation window. I can't think of any other way because I'm a newbie at photoshop so Hue/Saturation is the only option I have in mind. I also know the hex code of the foreground so I guess that if there's a hex code option in the Hue/Saturation window, maybe it will help as a starting point. I hope you get what I meant.

Photoshop_zKqAWqmdgm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"how to put or paste the hex code"

Where you want to paste hex code? Please explain in more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I am editing a PNG file with some shadows and other stuff in it because it was previously created with some Blending Options in it before it was exported. I am changing the color of the image and I really want to match the foreground color (notice the color picker) into the Hue/Saturation window. I can't think of any other way because I'm a newbie at photoshop so Hue/Saturation is the only option I have in mind. I also know the hex code of the foreground so I guess that if there's a hex code option in the Hue/Saturation window, maybe it will help as a starting point. I hope you get what I meant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I really want to match the foreground color (notice the color picker) into the Hue/Saturation window.«

That does not seem like an efficient approach if you want to match an exact color. 

The best approach would be editing the original layered image, otherwise it would propbably be best to »reverse engineer« it. 

Please post the png itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency, grouping and dragging the Layer Mask to the Group, using a Curves Layer to get the gray to 50% and setting the Layer to Blend Mode Linear Light would be one option. 

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 15.20.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That sounds like a lot of work haha. Do you still have the file on which you made this tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines