• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting an error while saving my .psd file with a .psb file linked to it

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a product template where we can open a linked file and place the art in place on a layer and then save it and it updates the new art to the product.  Now for some reason after years of using this template.  It throws an error up and won't save.

error: Could not save “BC8413_1.psd” because of a program error. Then has a button to click saying OK and another that says learn how to fix.

I have tried to rectify it with a few solutions that that button sends you to, but that doesn't work.

What is going on and how do we fix this issue so we can keep working?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you possible show us some screenshots of your method while inserting the new image, including shots of your layers panel?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a suggested fix?

I have the same issue and have done the trouble shoots to now avail. It seems to be very random. 

I upgraded to latest version and worked then didn't work. Then went back to 22 and same thing.

I'm Catalina and too worried to go Monterey atm as on a huge project and don't want something is to fall off the cliff.

Thanks in advance

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I finally did to correct the issue is to save the .psb file to a .psd file and relink to the new .psd file.  It seems to be working so far.  So for some reason, Adobe decided to make a change that makes .psb and .psd files to not get along very well.  One seems to be the bully in the sandbox, in my opinion.  As for the poster that asked for images, I included two images.  My method is to copy and paste what I did in Illy to a new layer and put it withing the guides for placement and size and save.  It use to update and I could save the file with the product and image as a new .png file and save the .psd product file showing the newest art on it, but that is where the breakdown happened.  It would give me an error every time I tried to save the .psd product file.  At least iuntil I saved the .psb file that has the art layers on it to .psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines