Copied

Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 3.43.22 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

I found the solution! You need to grant full write access to Photoshop. Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy, then Privacy tab. Scroll to folded on left called "Full Disk Access" then login to edit preferences and make sure to check off Photoshop to give it access!

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 2.41.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, running on a Mac that's just a few months old on Catalina. I'm not even processing super large files, just trying to merge a couple of image layers for a simple edit. It's inconsistent. Sometimes I can get it to work without a hitch, sometimes I can work on something for an hour and then it won't merge layers or save. Restarting sometimes helps, but I lose all my work. I'm beyond frustrated. Adobe Bridge is performing equally badly, with random crashes when I use keyboard shortcuts. Is this the best that Adobe can do? I can't believe I'm paying for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly Adobe needs to reimburse me for November/December. My last few client projects have suffered because of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every video project I've ever done is 90% fighting Premiere bugs and 10% doing actual work/editing. Not kidding. 90%. I don't think we should hold our breath for those checks though lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got through to Adobe and received goof IT help. They went into my computer and made a change to n my preferences -oth HD and Photoshop. The first thing you can do is go to Photoshop preferences and to ‘Performance’. Make sure to allocate enough RAM ADOBE suggested put it to 75%.

I hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that myself (I have 64GB of ram and 75% was allocated to Photoshop) and even tried disabling "Use Graphics Processor" which didn't help. Graphics card drivers are fully up-to-date as well. I even tried uninstalling Photoshop, removing all preferences, and reinstalling to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all  did't work for me neather. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some luck getting past this error by using "Save As" and adding a digit to the file and then saving. Ex. File I'm working on is 4545.psd and I edit it, with new layers, etc. then use the "Save As" and change the filename to 4545_1.psd and it saves as expected. It obviously takes up a lot more HD space, but until Adobe fixes this, it's the only way I can save files I work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been my workaround too. Cuss at the program error, and do a "save as." and then replace the file that it was supposed to be in finder and rename the save as version to match the original file name. 

I've granted photoshop full disk access and things like that. It only seems to be an issue when I put mac to sleep and wake it back up to continue editing scrapbook layouts and edit pictures in photoshop. Seems to be tied to photoshop not navigating sleep well, or not navigating to talking to external volumes well, since my "scratch disks" are a bunch of larger capacity thumbdrives plugged into into a J5create USB hub, and my main photoshop documents are on a Samsung T7 plugged into the other USB port. My mac is an old mid-2012 mbp beater* that runs catalina (which is the final OS for it, btw). For what it's worth, I'm having occasional issues with the mac misbehaving with unresponsiveness and the occassional kernel panic as of late, which is truly unlike how my machine runs, usually. 

*Yes, I can't afford to upgrade to the mac I really want right now, So I'm going to run this thing (which is missing all its feet, it's also on its second battery that doesn't hold much charge, the optical drive no longer works either, but has a space age keyboard protector and a cute soot sprite decal to boot) until it finally dies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since the recent update. It's beyond infuriating now!! Adobe are you working on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same type of errors, but only when doing "Export As". Regular saving was working okay for Tiff, PSD, and JPEG. I've had other errors as well. When using the heal tool on a layer, I'd just get a sudden error pop up and couldn't use the tool anymore unless I closed the file and reopened it.

I reverted back to v21.2.4 and not having any issues with it. Not going to update until these bugs have been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem.. Please fix this asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

See the "Program error saving files" in attached help article from Adobe : Program Error while opening or saving files

In addition - please add to the the thread in the feedback forum where Adobe developers will see it. On this forum we are volunteer customers and do not work for Adobe.
Photoshop: Can't save file due to program error (Windows)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Dave,

Those solutions doesn't work for me, so I installed the older vesion. which is working perfectly, so yeah, waiting for the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for great answer ... I've so frustrated with program error things ... Hiding layer before saving is really the solution for now ... Hopefully, Adobe will fix this soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to lose my mind. I've redone the same thing four times now because it cannot save. In any format, on any drive, through any cloud. WHY AM I PAYING FOR SOMETHING that does NOT WORK. In a time where creatives and artists are already struggling, Photoshop should not be added to the list of worries. Absolutely appalling.  I've tried changing permissions, uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting my laptop, waiting, praying and even crying, but all in vain. 
Photoshop please, just work. 
Does anyone have a solution I may not have tried? 
(maybe I should put it in rice?) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this still been acting up? I’ve literally been using old version of PS CC... the last version that worked for you.

The fact Adobe hasn’t fixed it yet and has increased price of my monthly payments from is sick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know they're still working on fixing the major bugs. I'm sticking with version 21.2.4 for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bad idea. My photoshop keeps crashing!!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update a couple of weeks ago, mine is working again - on Mac. I don't think I had a problem with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I have the same problem! This is absolutely unacceptable! I cannot do anything in Photoshop application because I cannot save files due to the "Program Error"! Adobe you need to fix it yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed v 22.1.1 which contained a fix for Program Error on save?

Known issues in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error on v22.2. Just started! They didnt fix anytghing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I am on a brand-new 24-inch mac with PS version 22.4.2 and it is still happening just as much as it did on my old 2015 iMac. How is this not fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dave, .................How is this not fixed??"

This is a community forum, answered by Photoshop users, we do not work for Adobe.

If you are still experiencing issues, you can raise it at thelink below which is monitored by Adobe developers.

Adobe Photoshop Family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this. I had that issue for while and then I cleaned my external since I was saving there. After following the steps below, I did not have issues on any programs. I was having issues on microsoft programs as well. 

Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines