• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Program Error when trying to overwrite file on External Hard Drive

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a while now I've been getting an issue when trying to overwrite a psd file that's saved on my external hard drive. When I click save I get a message stating 'Could not save "file.name.psd' because of a program error"

I can save as a new file but this doesn't help me with saving space. This doesn't happen with Illustrator or InDesign. Any recommendations to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated! 

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue when trying to save to external server or Google drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution. We are havging the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your permissions and security settings for the external drive.

As for servers and Google Drive, servers are not supported and you should NOT use cloud drives with Adobe software as they do not work correctly and you are risking data loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines