• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif to MOV Export option doesn't appear

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I output some gifs for a client to post on Instagram, only to discover they have to be re-output as videos. Not something I've done before so looked up tutorials and Adobe documentiation.

All the tutorials I see, and the only instructions I've found from Adobe, say go to File>Export>Render Video.

That option doesn't exist.

My current file is saved as psd file, with 14 or so layers in the timeline.  Timeline plays fine.

I'm on an M1 Mac, running Big Sur, with the latest version of photoshop.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

You need to run Photoshop on M1 under Rosetta, until Adobe decide to add video support in M1 Native.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking on Win and everything works fine. You have Render Image Sequence in Export menu instead of Render Video. What is happening if you click on last option in Export sub-menu?

Can you post screenshot of entire document?

gif to video.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render image sequence seems to output the individual framse as a folder of jpegs.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 11.53.54 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to run Photoshop on M1 under Rosetta, until Adobe decide to add video support in M1 Native.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well what do you know... it's been answered already, but no matter how I searched, I couldn't find it before posting about it.   Problem appears to be only with running the native app with the M1 chip macs... they've known about it for over a year, but haven't fixed it or updated their instructions.  Apparently, I have to run photoshop in Rosetta mode to get back the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and no, I did not see the correct answer reply ( Correct answer by Test Screen Name) until after I posted. 

Thanks! 

Hours wasted looking for that info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines