Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitched interface in Photoshop while working on simple graphics

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been experiencing weird glitches since this morning in photoshop, which I have never expereinced before...

When I opened photoshop, and drop in a normal jpeg as usual (nothing have changed on my routine) - the interface went glitching and it flickers when ever I zoom in or out the canvas.

See attached image for your reference.

I have tried everything, reset the preferences, restart the computer (a brand new 2021 imac), reinstall photoshop (it's been always up to date)

Can someone help me with this issue please?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?

Maybe try this :  Go to Preferences >Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then quit and restart Photoshop; any better? 
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
Some have reported color issues with displays that hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Have you alternatively tried turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?

Maybe try this :  Go to Preferences >Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then quit and restart Photoshop; any better? 
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
Some have reported color issues with displays that have an HDR option. Open Display Settings and toggle off the "Use HDR" switch if such an option exists.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help!

Yes I disabled GPU as per your directions and the glitch has gone however things gets a bit laggy to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you alternatively tried turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, as it is a workaround, please read the rest of Andrew's (the digitaldog) response.

But I think you won't find a new driver, I think there is a problem between M1s and Photoshop 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines