• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Goodbye Adobe, Good riddance Photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today I decided I was going to cancel my subscription on my photography plan. It seems Adobe like money, but they don't seem too pushed on making sure the products they charge you extortionate amounts of money for actually work.

I spent all day being transferred from one agent to another, over six times trying to report an issue with photoshop so I could get help fixing it or at least get an update on this issue, and despite the half baked call centre staff constantly blaming my computer for the fault, it seems that adobe have known about this since December of 2019 and continued to deny it because they can't resolve it.

The following description from another post explains exactly what is going on.

When creating a 3D extrusion with an image used as the texture, the image appears correctly in the GPU preview but, once it starts rendering, the image appears twice - once correctly scaled and once incorrectly scaled.

To replicate :
1. Open an empty document (say 1024 x 1024 pixels)
2. Use place embedded to add an image as a smart object
3. With the smart object layer selected create a 3D extrusion.
This will create a 3D object with the image on the front surface.

This among OTHER issus has utterly stopped me from using photoshop for the last number of months and has cost me alot of money in terms of work for my own clients.

1. The older version of Photoshop had issues with infinite lights, where the actual light setting was BACKWARDS and made life very difficult.

2. Other issues like text boxes taking ages to open, or images in 3D rendering darker than they look in the GPU preview. and

3. the phantom reflection that I described earlier super imposing itself on the fornt of the 3D extrusion.

This to me makes photoshop an awful software to use now. Considering it was once the most sought after software, it's amazing how it has now become so dismally awful that it is now something people want to avoid.

I am setting my sites on better software and believe me people better is out there. 

Goodbye Adobe

You won't be fleecing my bank account for non functional software anymore!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel your pain and have also cancelled my account today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines