• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU...again!

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to the latest version of Photoshop and transfering an image from Lr to Ps now flags up an error box that it is recommended to update my drivers (sic) AND the that DirectX is unavailable.

DirectX 12 is clearly running on the Win 10 machine I have with 32Gb of RAM. Plus I have run dxdiag to check all is OK, and had this confirmed.

I have the latest Intel graphics drivers (just downloaded) as well as latest AMD Radeon HD 7800 GPU driver.

My machine is an XP8500.

Can some one help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a hard time finding out what "XP8500" is (Google just brings up an Epson printer).

If your machine is a laptop, it could be that Photoshop is using the wrong graphics card. You should be able to change from the low Intel one to the powerful AMD one inside the AMD Radeon settings:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry typo. A cell XPS 8500 desktop machine. 
PS does not recognise my AMD card, ie it's grey out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics card is from 2012 and is no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thanks for being so blunt; that ruined my day. 

🙂 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two machines at work and neither have supported GPUs. Photoshop 23 is so buggy that I reverted to 22.5. So, yeah. If you search this forum you'll find LOTS of people in the same sinking boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garryg70673208 and @Lumigraphics FWIW, I also had to revert to 22.5.2 after trying 23. While 23 did seem to function normally in a cursory test, I got a warning to update my graphics device drivers when they are, indeed, updated and DirectX 12 is working. However, my graphics card is older so I guess I'll have to wait for a new system before I can use 23.

JainLemos_0-1635437612876.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess everyone with a sad story here will have system unique issue. 
In addition to the GPU being no good now, despite having directX all confirmed as up and running in Win 10, Photoshop say otherwise. 
Computers, you either hate them or loath them !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case of confusion, I inadvertently marked my last post as the correct answer. The only correct answer I'm aware of remains in Adobe's hands. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some GPU's may show support for DirectX 12 but the feature level is only DirectX 11, so Photoshop may require the full featured DirectX 12 GPU

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-hd-7850.c1055

Photoshop new releases always contains bugs, it's been that way since the release of CC, it's the same with any new software version and operating system, although Adobe seem to ahead of the game in that respect.

It's always best to wait a few months until Adobe fix some of the underlying issues in a new release.

Also you can't expect old hardware to run new software forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines