• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU issue in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalled a fresh macOS Monterey 12.3 because photoshop was crashing when i turn on GPU. 

it is happening on newly fresh installed macOS 12.3.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 10.06.17.png

cannot use at all even creating new blank file makes crash.

Any tip ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version Photoshop are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer wrote:

What version Photoshop are you running?

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 22.16.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/weird-ps-bug-psd-file-looks-messed-up/idi-p/...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog wrote:

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/weird-ps-bug-psd-file-looks-messed-up/idi-p/...

Thanks for the reply. 

Well in this case need to blame Apple then. No other choise do we. 

I am not sure whether Windows can roll back to previous release but I am certain tjat there is no official way to rolling back to previous version of Mac.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found out why am i getting serious issue wile using Photoshop with GPU option. I have 2 x W6800X Duo and I am using Infinity Fabric Link, the big one 

IMG_0712.jpg

I just switch to normal small one and GPU function is woking withoug issue. 

However, there is another issue with Photoshop. My monitor is 4K monitor but if i use just 1080 resolution, it was so slow and lagging. Photoshop seems working faster on 4k resolution. I really don't understand why. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines