• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grabbing design from one part of a file to place in another

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm using a template made up of paths for a Canam X3 what im trying to figure out is if there is a faster way of applying the design to every path and then moving the shape to something more compact for cutting. What its coming down to is i make a copy of the design and mask it to the shape, apply it, then move the shape to a more compact space for cutting in another program. I have to do this for every shape and every new design, is there a more efficient way of doing it? can i make a separate file or layer where i place the design and the compact file can just grab the design from a certain spot? i'll add a sample to hopefully help explain what i need help with! thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.39.52.png

Blank Template

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.39.55.png

Template with a bunch of layers and masks

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.40.10.png

Blank Compact Paths

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.40.13.png

Compact template with all the layers and masks applied

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

If I am understanding you correctly, you could create an action that loads the design, clips it to the template, and saves it.  You could then use File > Scripts > Image Processor  to batch process a folder with the all template files, and have Image P{rocessor run your action on each of the template files.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid most of us do not understand what is your problem. Can you take screenshots of entire window with Layers panel expanded and visible so we can understand what are you doing and what is actual request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can! hopefully this explains a bit more of the process im trying to speed up!Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.30.20.png

This is the blank template, paths and compound paths

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.47.53.png

This is the template basically previewing the design (it is originally a group but i make it into a smart object before i begin making copies of it)

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 12.32.39.png

All the paths with their own copy of the design as a clipping mask (this process takes the longest)

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.51.46.png

All the masks applied to the paths to make them one layer instead of a bunch of paths with masks

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 12.40.42.png

The final step which is making it as compact as possible for exporting

Hopefully this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding you correctly, you could create an action that loads the design, clips it to the template, and saves it.  You could then use File > Scripts > Image Processor  to batch process a folder with the all template files, and have Image P{rocessor run your action on each of the template files.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ahhhh i completely forgot about scripts, i have used them before so i will try that out!! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines