• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient behavior is PS CC

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I am doing somthing wrong here. I had been working with PS for a while and then had a couple of months break. Now back to it. Working with PS CC 23.3.1, Windows 11. 

I like using the gradien with Blank and white (forground/bacground)  when working with Curves when adding some sort of vignette. I like this way as it allows me to control the shadow areas better. So my process is , 

1. Add the curve

2. Invert the mask (all black now) 

3. Use the gradient  from the cornes and sides in  to mark the sides with white on the mask layer. I do this mostly for all 4 corners/sides (kind of). 

Problem I have now is that every time I use the gradient it removes my previous gradient application instead of adding to it. I tried with foreground to background (and White/black) colors, also using foreground to transparency.  

It used to work up until recently. I am not sure if I am missing a setting or an option. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the Blending Mode of the Gradient tool to something other than Normal, such as Multiply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If nothing else help, you may want to try with preference reset what is medicine for all things weird in Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines