• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Fill Taking a long time

Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to make a simple gradient background in Photoshop 2020 today and my PC (which is very powerful) just shows a progress bar that moves extremely slowly. It's as if I'm trying to export the final edition of a new Terminator movie!

This takes 1 second in GIMP and I don't understand what the softwre is doing. It simply should take this long. My performance settings show my powerful graphics card is recognised properly. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

What are the image’s Color Mode, bit depth and pixel dimensions? 

Did you create a Gradient Layer (Layer > New Fill Layer > Gradient) or what exactly are you doing? 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

What are the image’s Color Mode, bit depth and pixel dimensions? 

Did you create a Gradient Layer (Layer > New Fill Layer > Gradient) or what exactly are you doing? 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your instructions (Layer > New Fill Layer > Gradient) solved the problem. Thanks.

I was trying to replicate the steps in GIMP below where you drag a line across after you've selected two colours. That doesn't work in Photoshop 2020 (well, it might, but as I said before, the progress bar moves at a glacial pace.

GIMP.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your instructions (Layer > New Fill Layer > Gradient) solved the problem. Thanks c_pfaffenbichler 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gradient is taking too much time to fill please tell me adode photoshop 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG20220614000201.jpg

 gradient is taking too much time to fill please tell me the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1,5% zoom percent covers entire window? What are dimensions of your document? Another thing to consider that Photoshop is giving instructions to hardware (processor) to calculate, your hardware can also play role in this operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines