Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient layer style move bug?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing the following,

normaly when applying the gradient layer style, you can move the gradient around, which for me works if I don't change the colour. However, if I apply a gradient layer style, change the colour (of course from the layer style menu, I'm entering the gradient editor, changing colour and pressing ok) I can longer move the gradient around unless, I press ok to exit the layer style menu, then entering the layer style menu once again, I can then move the gradient around as I please. This happens every time I change the colour of the gradient.

Prevously, I could move the gradient style around regardless if I changed the color, never having to exit gradient layer style menu and then re-entering to able to move the gradient.

A tiny little issue I found about 6 months ago (maybe more), I thought it would just be fixed in one of the patches but hasn't yet.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not experiencing that. You could try resetting preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip, unfortunatly, I did try this method already and it did fix a problem I was having generating a normal map but did not resolve the issue described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try an uninstall/reinstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the new method to try to help solve the issue, I followed the instructions step by step, uninstalled adobe createive cloud, all the apps and did the steps I was suppose to.

All that and I still have the same issue, any other ideas?

So very thankful for your time and effort

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been discovered for anyone else? Is there any place I can send diagnostic report or something, I know its not a huge issue, its just convenient.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It's not that big of a deal, but it is kind of anoying. Did you find any solution for it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is annoying agreed! unfortunately, this has not been resolved for me and I continue to have to deal with this annoyance in my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've suddenly begun to have this issue as well. It's not a serious as some other bugs, but it is rather annoying when it worked fine in previous versions. I donno how the coders keep up with everything - glad it's them and not me. I'd have broken Ps if I was putzing around with the code all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. On a Mac, if you leave Photoshop then come back it starts to work again. –Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

To me it also happens when I add a gradient style to a layer, I can move it until I change something, then I must exit the dialogue box and open it again to be able to move it. I'ts a little bug yes, but still is quite annoying to find something that have always worked suddenly stop working properly.

My specs:

Macbook Pro 2017, 2,9 Ghz, 16Gb RAM

MacOS - Big Sur - 11.4 

Creative Cloud updated 5.4.5.550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists.  I watched a YouTube video that was a few years old where the presenter said it was a bug in Photoshop, but I guess it has never been addressed.  Not a tremendous problem, but annoying for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm resurrecting this thread because the EXACT SAME behavior is happening to me right now in 2023. Set the overlay, you can move it. Until you TOUCH the Overlay colors in any way. Then the canvas becomes numb to any cursor dragging (despite still saying "click and drag to reposition" at the top). You must dismiss the Layer Options dialog, then re-enter and move the gradient as you would expect. So I guess this bug was either never addressed, or has resurfaced since this thread was started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slight addendum, clicking on the gradient dropdown in the dialog box and selecting a preset from that list doesn't seem to trigger the behavior. But double-clicking on that gradient swatch to bring up the big gradient editor dialog box DOES trigger it every time for me. Once I've gone into there to edit the gradient, I must exit out of the Layer Options dialog and re-open it before I can once again move the gradient around with the cursor as I expect to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines