Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Tool (and Gradient Masks) Not Working Properly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I recently upgraded to Adobe Photoshop 2022 and am having trouble with my gradient tool. The regular gradient used to go from color I chose to clear, and now it goes from color i chose to white and i have no idea  how to fix it.

When using the masks, I used to be able to swipe the tool multiplet times in different directions on the mask. Now if I make a gradient and want to add a second direction, it erases the first one and only keeps the second.

Can anyone help?? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot with Gradient Editor so we can see how gradient is created.

set opacity to 0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have foreground to background, which is the default. You used to have foreground to transparent, which is a setting you need to make yourself as per Bojan's post above, or use the presets (now unfortunately "hidden" in folders).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines