• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic processor not working with Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! After I installed the update for Photoshop 22.3.1 the software cannot any more use the graphic processor for my Nvidia GeForce GT 755M (I use an iMac2013 with Catalina).
Notice that on the same computer I have Photoshop 2020 that works perfectly with the same Nvidia.

Is it a bug of the new version?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have encountered this problem. Graphic Processor Nvidia GeForce GT 755M is greyed out. 

I am using the same Photoshop version (22.3.1) on a Late 2013 27" iMac. I noticed it recently when I went to use Lighting Effects filter. Any help would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true!
From Adobe Creative Cloud menu I reinstalled 22.3.0 and now all works!
Anyway, how can we tell this to Adobe? I hope the 22.3.2 update will solve this problem, otherwise it's a "downdate" more than an update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too. I did the downgrade yesterday and everything is back to normal. Surely Adobe will fix this in the next update. It's been mentioned on other pages amd forums. If it's not fixed then what's the point of subscribing for up to date software. 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem on my windows laptop but Lightroom and Affinity Photo can work with my AMD graphics processor and I too have had to revert to a previous version. When I used the online chat support they blamed the Graphics Processor. Lets hpoe it's fixed in the next release. There doen't seem to be a way of reporting bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope too... we cannot change computer for every software update for using filters that in previous versions worked perfectly! We are not using WindowsXP on a 2000s computer!
Probably in the future I will consider Apple M1 processor and I hope to not find any bug with the updated app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the problem hasn't been addressed in the most recent update (22.4.1). Hoping it does. I like to keep up to date with software, especially software I am paying by the month to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop 2020 seems to work far better than 2021, especially after these updates. I have an iMac with Catalina and 24GB of RAM, a SSD disk and graphic card NVIDIA with 1GB dedicated RAM... why I can edit easily 4K video and I cannot use Photoshop 2021?!?!?
Really if these updates continue to seem like "downdate" we will start wondering if paying the creative cloud fee it worth...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the same problem with my PS 23.4.1  and my  my Nvidia GeForce GT 755M (I use an iMac2013 with Catalina). Will have to figure out how to downgrade to 22.3.0 or so.  If anybody has found a solution for this with the most recent versions of PS in 2022, please let me know, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to confirm that I downgraded to 22.3 and several issues were resolved:

1) I no longer get the message that I was getting with the most recent versions saying that my disk is not compatible,

2) I can see the red tip of the brush when I'm changing brush size or opacity, which I did not see with the most recent versions

3) I can use liquify and don't get the error message I was getting with the previous versions.

So, if you have a Nvidia GeForce GT 755M disk, it seems that the best is to stay with 22.3 or below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines