Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Artifacts on pixel grid when zooming in, in Photoshop on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

Need a little help from you. When im buy a new PC, install adobe cloud, photoshop etc., have a problem with PIXEL GRID in photoshop. When im use zoom to any object with ON pixel grid any object be destroying artifacts, but when zooimg out all be ok. If i off pixel grid always be good even zoom in to max. 

Anyone ever had a similar problem? 

Thx for response. 

Regards,

Tech_Toy

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Hello,

A fix was implemented in 23.3.1 that may have resolved this issue.  After updating to the latest release, please let us know if the issue is fixed by commenting in this thread.  If you have checked the “Deactivate Native Canvas” checkbox in Preferences > Technology Previews…, uncheck it and restart Photoshop.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with the version of Windows you're working on?

You can try enabling the option to Deactivate Native Canvas from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Technology Previews. Once done, relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Hi, please post the content of Help/System info.

You can try to disable the native canvas in edit/Preferences/Technology Preview if you are well on Ps 23

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happens when I zoom in all the way to when its supposed to show a pixel grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this had been bugging me for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues while zoomed far in on photoshop. Past a certain point I can no longer see my image due to a graphical bug. I can still see the image below the bug, it just appears to be some sort of overlay on top. I have attatched an image to showcase this. Can anybody offer a fix?

For context I have a 7700K, 16gb 3000mhz ram, and a Radeon 6800XT. I bought the 6800XT brand new at the start of this year so I am hoping that this is not the cause.Screenshot 2021-11-22 145057.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please post the content of Help/System info.

You can try to disable the native canvas in edit/Preferences/Technology Preview if you are well on Ps 23

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had already tried this but clearly didnt restart photoshop before checking if it worked.

You are a life saver sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default3p3a7523fi3t ,

If you can send us the info in Photoshop > Help > System Info, we can look at your card and confirm whether it's too old or whether we have a fixable issue on our hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @billyc50469163 ,

Your GPU is more than adequate; is that a 16-bit file, or an otherwise large file, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm I see that @billyc50469163 has posted a screenshot of a 8bit file, 3500x5200px, nothing I would consider huge.

Would its sys info help? billy, in this case, post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that Mark get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had some reports of partial transparency with 16-bit and/or large files, and it wasn't clear whether this document fell into that category or not; was trying to confirm. System Info is always necessary for us to be able to take additional steps to troubleshoot; thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user reported switching to 16-bit, then BACK to 8-bit fixed the issue; let me know if that works for anybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with the version of Windows you're working on?

You can try enabling the option to Deactivate Native Canvas from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Technology Previews. Once done, relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nikunj.m hello mate! 😉

Your solution work! When im using deactivate native canvas i dont have now artifacts on pixel grid. Im using the newest photoshop app with all patch and windows 10 last newest build. 

Rly thx for helping! 🙂

Regards,
TechToy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

A fix was implemented in 23.3.1 that may have resolved this issue.  After updating to the latest release, please let us know if the issue is fixed by commenting in this thread.  If you have checked the “Deactivate Native Canvas” checkbox in Preferences > Technology Previews…, uncheck it and restart Photoshop.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate