• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics & text break up when moved - Ventura

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded from a 2012 iMac to a 2022 Mac Studio. I have to say I'm really disappointed with the Mac Studio, it's been a huge backward step compared to my old iMac. Apart from scrambling all the windows in every app after I sleep it, there's an annoying problem in Photoshop:

When I move any element, type or graphics, it splits apart and breaks into pieces as I move it, making accurate placement an impossibility.

Anyone else had this? Any fixes?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share the link here?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Try this:

• Go to Preferences > Performance > Uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor.'
  • Restart Photoshop.

Please check this series of suggestions related to software optimization and in-app changes you can do to optimize Photoshop's performance in this article, and please give this a detailed read-through: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response - my notification went into the junk folder so I've only just spotted this. I have to go out for a while but I'll try this when I get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I unchecked "Use Graphics Processor" and it has stopped the image and text from splitting apart when it use the Free Transform tool. I also added a little more RAM and that's helped a bit as well. It is still clunky as I move objects around the canvas however, it was much smoother and more fluid to move things on my old iMac. And my new Mac Pro has about a hundred times the processing power of my old system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jerry 1066 go to Photoshop Preferences/Technology Preview and check "Disable Native Canvas". If what you are describing is what I think it is - it's a pretty common issue with Ventura builds, almost like a GPU issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response - I tried this but the problem persists. I have however pinned down the exact situation that causes text and graphics to break up, and it is when I am using the Transform tool. Whenever the transform box is around any element, that element will fracture and break up if I try to move or resize it in any way. I never had this on my 12 year old iMac running Photoshop 6. On that system it was smooth. But, new Mac Pro and new Photoshop... it's like being on Windows 95 again.

When I am not using the Transform tool, the motion of elements around the canvas if I move them about is stuttering and jerky, like a very fine 80s style pop video effect. All pretty annoying really. In fact infuriating, what a waste of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines