• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Processor is incompatible- Adobe Photoshop CC 2022

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor is incompatible shows and show. My graphic driver is uptodate. plz help me to fix this error in Adobe Photoshop CC 2022

2021-10-31_12-52-24.jpgdown while work

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue with my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 running the latest April 2023 driver.

I had previously downloaded some Open CL compatibility drivers from Intel and Microsoft websites.  I also had a DisplayLink graphics driver installed for some older hardware I no longer own.  After removing all of those things using "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows 10, Photoshop 23 now reports, "Your graphics process is compatible."  I am able to use all GPU features.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have the same problem. Running Adobe Photoshop on a Dell Inspiron 16 plus, NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3060 6GB GDDR6 [60W].

I have updated windows, adobe photoshop and the drivers for the graphics card but it still shows that it is incompatible. The only way I have been able to get it work is by disconnecting the dock, open photoshop, then reconnect the dock.

Is there a permanent solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am struggling with this issue and finding out which driver I need to download as there's so many and it hurts my head. Can someone please explain it to me in layman's terms?

IMG_20211218_131358.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have Photoshop 2020 installed version 21.  Your Intel HD graphics 520 may be supported in old Photoshop versions..  If you do not have an old version of Photoshop prior to versions 22 and 23 contact Adobe to see if they can hook you up with an old Creative cloud version of Photoshop. Adobe upped the GPU requirement for Photoshop 2021 So they can use DriectX and Metal.

Photoshop CC GPU card FAQ 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack,

Yes we already tried a previous version. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to Photoshop 2021 version 22 you tried Photoshop 2020 version 21?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack, 

Photoshop 2020 version 21 isn't a role back option for the user.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same. Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 20.14.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidb75231029; What model Mac and which Mac OS do you have Photoshop 2022 installed on. Perhapse other Mac with your configuration can help you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your PC also have Intel HD Graphics in addition to your GeForce GTX 1660 Super? If it does use the Nvidia Control Panel the set 3D  that Photoshop prefers the GTX.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am looking at buying a new lappy to replace my original Surfacebook (because it only has 1GB memory on the discrete graphics nVidia GPU), is this docking issue a function of the hardware (GPU/drivers) or software (Adobe)?

Anyone?

One of the best things about my Surfacebook was one plug did everything - dock, charge, audio, USB, etc... and with Thunderbolt4 in many laptops now, was looking for the same solution - one plug to do it all (I loathe wires and have ADD when it comes to cable management) and plugging in one cord when I work at the desk is better than 2-3-4 via a dock. If I can't make use of the dock + discrete graphics on the laptop, that's going to be a big hurdle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean OCD about cable management, if so, I'm the same, didn't know ADD was a thing in that way. But, depending on the laptop, you can use a USB-C dock from a few manufacturers like HP or Lenovo that will provide the same function, video, charging, peripherals all through one USB-C connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error on iMac. Adobe CC constantly crashed too way before the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

The fix for me was to go into control panel > device manager > Display adapters > and disable the Windows native one. This forced the system to use the Graphics Card.

We are running a Dell Inspiron 16 Plus with NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3060 6GB GDDR6 [60W]. We made sure the graphics card had the latest driver and the latest version of Adobe photoshop was installed. However those two alone didn't make any change. It was only fixed when I disabled the native graphics card.

Cheers,

Kellie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.    I'm on a MacBook Pro, 2018.  Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7.  Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.  Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB,  Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.  Running Photoshop 23.2.0

What do I do?  I've read some of the above answers and they call for a deeper tech knowledge than I have.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 8.18.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice and on the right track Kellie! Worked! Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor is incompatible shows and show. My graphic driver is uptodate. plz help me to fix this error in Adobe Photoshop CC 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I get the same error from time to time.

I have PS 23.5.0

I've got a MacBook Pro with an M1 Pro processor and 32GB of RAM. System is MacOS Monterey 12.3.

Still, this message appears and PS shuts down.

What's causing this and is there perhaps a fix?

Mikołaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing the same problem. I tried the solution on this link - it's been working fine so far. Hope this helps.

https://thehelpfulmarketer.com/blog/photoshop-switching-gpu-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that method and it doesn't work for me.  I have a RTX 3090 and the latest Nvidia drivers direct from Nvidia.  I also have all the latest updates on Windows 10 and latest drivers updates for all of my hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! About this Mac > hardware > graphics. Intel graphics card is above Radeon. Moved Radeon first and everything works! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.Below is system info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, here it is again with images of system infoGraphics card incompatible.JPGsystem info.JPGGeoforce info.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message started after last PS update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GPU only supports DirectX version 11. The current Photoshop requirement is DirectX version 12.

Photoshop adds more and more GPU-powered functions with every release. Requirements tighten every time. At this point the rather old GTX 750 has dropped below the horizon for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines