• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Processor suddenly incompatible... can no longer import images.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop frequently for over a year on different computers and operating systems. I'm currently working from a Dell Latitude 5490 and have been for a few months, all the while using Photoshop. There were no issues until about a week ago. Nothing had happened to my computer, I did not intentionally update my computer, and unless an update happened in the background, nothing about my computer changed. However, when I opened Photoshop, it gave me an error message that OpenCL was unavailable and that a driver update was recommended.

Screenshot (111).png

I closed the GUI and tried to import an image into a new document like normal, and the following happened.

Photoshop froze. 

Five seconds later, my mouse began the loading animation. 

Five more seconds later, Photoshop closed completely.

I have tried copying and pasting images, placing embedded images, placing linked images, dragging and dropping images from my desktop, and the same thing happened each time. I've also tried different file types with the same result (except for PDFs, sometimes Photoshop imports a PDF. I can't find any difference between PDFs Photoshop can successfully import and PDFs Photoshop can't.).

Since then, I have tried to following solutions:

Updated any relevant drivers (especially the graphics card) through Device Manager selecting one automatically.

Updated my drivers through Intel's Driver and Support Assistant.

Overrode the driver updates with other driver updates through Dell's website.

Disabled the use of my graphics card.

Reenabled the use of my graphics card.

None of this has worked. It's worth noting that the box that says "use OpenCL" has been grayed out, and I've been unable to alter any settings related to "OpenCL." I am at a total loss for what to do, and would really appreciate any help. Thank you! 

Screenshot (112).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have, but it wasn't very helpful to my issue. I also tried everything on the "basic troubleshooting" page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines