• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green line showing up with a hue/sat FX layer

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what's going on here but since my work computer has been updated, I get this green error line across the bottom of my image when utilizing an active hue/sat FX layer. I work in key art design so it's definitely become a problem. Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions on a fix for this? 

I can't show the full image (NDA) but it happens on all images/files when starting the editing process.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Hi @CoryShubert thanks for reaching out to me — I actually ended up fixing it by uninstalling Photoshop (and all preferences), downgrading then upgrading my OS and reinstalling PS. Took a bit of time but it fixed the glitch issue with the hue/sat FX layer. It was strange that THAT was the only issue, but it's all good now. 

I also was told that a quick fix for someone who had a similar issue was changing from 8bit to 16bit and it cleared up the green line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you possibly have any active selections or masks that could have caused this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I've double checked everything to see if anything may have changed or wasn't set to my default. Really strange it just popped up recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 I followed the steps to manually restoring my preferences and the issue hasn't been resolved. Any other suggestions on what it could potentially be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rob24605588y0n8, sorry to hear this. Does this happen to ALL images and does it happen with any other layer effect? If you create a new image and go through the steps, not a NDA one, does it happen and if so, could you share a video of that process?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CoryShubert thanks for reaching out to me — I actually ended up fixing it by uninstalling Photoshop (and all preferences), downgrading then upgrading my OS and reinstalling PS. Took a bit of time but it fixed the glitch issue with the hue/sat FX layer. It was strange that THAT was the only issue, but it's all good now. 

I also was told that a quick fix for someone who had a similar issue was changing from 8bit to 16bit and it cleared up the green line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines