• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greys are teal

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In December my greys printed out fine. Now starting in January my greys are printing out a teal color. I first thought it was my printer but the technician got it to print grey. He said it must be something with photoshop. Does anyone know what could have happened and how to get my greys back?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of the print dialog.

Are you using "printer manages color" or "Photoshop manages color"? If the latter, what print profile are you using, and is it the right one for the paper? Have you set the correct paper type in the printer driver?

Does your file have an embedded color profile, and which one?

Print color management is like other color management: If the source (document) profile is the correct one, and the destination (print) profile is the correct one, then it will come out right, assuming the conversion is correctly executed by the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not messed with the printer setups for colors. I don't know how. I've created the files to print. I printed out a grey color in December and it worked but now I tried printing out grey and it's teal. The printer technician said it must be photoshop settings but he doesn't know how to use photoshop.  Looking at the picture I am posting it looks like the color handling is "printer Manages Colors". 
48490491-C53C-4BDB-8B61-3FA027547609.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with D Fosse, Your image file should have an embedded ICC profile,

I would add that I recommend using Photoshop manages colour, selecting there an ICC profile for the printer and paper.

Also you must set the right media in the printer's driver. That’s an important step.

If greys come out teal maybe the printer heads are blocked, try a nozzle check

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines