• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greyscale Slider and Greyscale Ramp are color picking instead of just adjusting brightness.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping someone could help me with my issue with the Greyscale Slider and Ramp. The Greyscale ramp and slider are acting as if I am color picking from the ramp itself instead of just adjusting the brightness, but keeping the same Hue and Saturation. In the past when I used the ramp it would only effect the brightness percentage while leaving the Hue and Saturation percentage stationary. 

Before clicking on the ramp

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.19.48 PM.png

After clicking on the ramp

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.20.32 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

I'm with c.p. on this. I don't see how it could possibly work any other way: clicking the gray ramp specifies a neutral color.

It can't retain H and S if you click a random point on the ramp. It may well be impossible H and S values at the specified brightness. See this recent thread for an excellent example of that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/hsb-color-sliders-not-working/td-p/12216149 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which past? 

Photoshop CC 2017 is the oldest version still installed on my computer and the behaviour is the same there. 

Or are you saying the B-slider neutralizes the color? 

Why do you want to us the Grayscale Ramp to edit non-neutral colors? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I am probably just miss remembering then. The brightness slider still works as intended, so I can just happily use that.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with c.p. on this. I don't see how it could possibly work any other way: clicking the gray ramp specifies a neutral color.

It can't retain H and S if you click a random point on the ramp. It may well be impossible H and S values at the specified brightness. See this recent thread for an excellent example of that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/hsb-color-sliders-not-working/td-p/12216149 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. I am probably just miss remembering then.  I was interested in it working exactly like how the brightness slider works for HSB

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines