• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid pattern when Files are opened

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 2 months ago I was half asleep doing some rote file resizing and printing and did what I thought was the same rote Keyboard command I'd been doing for the previous couple hours. To my surprise I put a grid pattern(see image) ontop of my just opened file(jpg at the time).  And now ALL(jpg, RAW, PSD, Tiff) my files open with a grid pattern. I can go into "View" and down to "Show Extras"(cmmnd-H) and turn it off. Sometimes I get a small respite from it by checking "None" at the bottom of the "View" drop down or "Reset Workspace". But, it usually returns very shortly.
I've gone thorugh "Preferences" in both PS(22.5)and Bridge(11.1.1.185) and have seen nothing that remotely suggests(to me) "open file with a grid pattern".
So, 1- How do I turn it off?  and less importatly 2 - What half asleep lazy finger keyboard sequence did I hit to turn it on?

27" 2017 iMac, 64gb ram, OS Mojave(10.14.6)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Cmd/Ctrl + ' is the shortcut to toggle the grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Forgot to mention: Preferences like that should stick even after a close and restart. If they're not, trashing preferences might be in order. (This resets everything, so be aware you'll have to reset everything back to the way you had it.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

("Reset Photoshop Preferences" is about halfway down the page.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd/Ctrl + ' is the shortcut to toggle the grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention: Preferences like that should stick even after a close and restart. If they're not, trashing preferences might be in order. (This resets everything, so be aware you'll have to reset everything back to the way you had it.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

("Reset Photoshop Preferences" is about halfway down the page.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well shoot. Didn't even think of trashing preferences. After 20+years you'd think I'd know that. I was dreading the worst and doing the uninstall and reinstall twostep. 
And thank you for the Keyboard command I'll see if that does it first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SO I know the original questin was a few years ago but I just stumbled across this issue and coulnt find the answer. So here is how you fix this issue. Please try the step mentioned below:

Open Photoshop, go to 'View' from the menu bar at top. Then go to 'Show' and uncheck the 'Grid' option.

*I did notice that you do have to have an image opened in photoshop for this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines