Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 1650 notebook problem

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Photoshop 23.3 suddenly stopped working properly. I got notebook with 2 GPU's. Photosop starts giving me GPU error every time when i open file in camera raw. GPU compatibility check says everything ok.

I tried every single solution and step that in in help page, and on this forum. Nothing changed.

When i disable other GPU its better but not what it has to be: suddenly GPU compatibility start giving error about drivers versions(got newset, tried older - nothing changed) and unavialable opengl drivers. Reinstaling drivers nothing changes. I tried studio and gaming drivers - nothing. I do clean install of windows, installed only updetes, newest drivers and photoshop - the same. In Photoshop - GPU gray, cant enable, In Camera RAW - basic acceleration. Creazy...

When i enable other GPU the GPU Compatibility check starts saying that all is ok on gtx1650(i didnt touch drivers, only enable other gpu), but program gives errors and says that it has unknow problem and stoped gpu for this session. Every other aplication/ game works normally. 

What to do? If any diagnose logs details is needed please let me know.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not use 2 graphic crads in Photoshop, hopefully you read about that on official page Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (adobe.com)

If all recommended steps are taken, have you tried with preference reset what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per Bojan's first link, disable the integrated Intel GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, please read the problem description carefully before answering if you want your answer to be valuable. I clearly wrote that I followed the available directions . I also wrote that I turned off one of the graphics cards, it is better(because it is possible to work) but still strange and not as it should be. I'm pasting a collage of screenshots - maybe it'll be easier. Both screenshots on the same drivers etc. Only diffrence is enabled/ disabled second GPU. Not English language on screenshots, but for knowledgeable people who are able to help I think everything will be clear.

Main problem to solve - With one GPU I cant enable GPU use in Photoshop and GPU test compatibility is NOT PASSED. I don't understand why it works in Camera RAW in this case, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, fair enough, but you weren't clear on which GPU you disabled, or how you did it.

The GTX 1650 should work well, and does for everybody else. So this has to be somehow connected to the fact that there are two GPUs.

It's a well known problem. Dual GPUs are fine for simple applications that just send data downstream, done. But Photoshop uses the GPU for actual data processing, and the result returned to Photoshop for further processing. It goes back and forth. So obviously there can only be one GPU in that equation.

So to be clear, you probably need to completely disable the Intel GPU in the operating system, as per paragraph 8 in the help page, not just assign the NVidia as per paragraph 7. Apologies if you already did that, but you don't say specifically.

And before you ask, no, there is no way to assign a specific GPU in Photoshop. If there was, it would have been implemented long ago (they are well aware of this issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear. I disabled AMD Radeon leaving NVIDIA GTX 1650 working. Method to disable as in paragraph 8. And then i got behavior as on screenshot above(onegpu.jpg). That is the problem to solve.

The rest info is to show all diffrent cases i've been thru and to show how crazy behavior is.

btw. I don't understand what's doing step 7 in that case. I thought that step 7 asign a specific GPU to aplication. So I was wrong. There is another solution in net that you should assign in Windows which app should use which GPU - I was thinking that this will set system to use that specific GPU. It's seems I was thinking wrong too. That solution tell's that you need to specify photoshop.exe and snifer.exe to use GTX. But it also not working for me.

Let's leave it - i dont need to enable second GPU. 

Please focus on case "AMD Radeon disabled like in step 8, only GTX 1650 enabled. Behavior like on onegpu.jpg (file above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some screenshot?

I'm using Asus laptop with with 2 GPUs, Nvidea GTX 1650 and AMD Radeon. Everything is fine on my laptop.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are screenshot above in my second message - one with both GPU's enabled, one with disabled AMD Radeon(only GTX 1650 enabled). Method to disable like in help paragraph 8. If you need any diffrent specific screenshots please write, i'll do them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines