• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guidelines created for Printer use in Photoshop not visible in final saved image

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a poster and a postcard with a bleed to all edges in Photoshop 23.2.1 (using my MacBook Pro macOS Monteray 12.2.1). So my printer requested that I create guidelines so he knows where to cut each poster/postcard to exact size. No problem right? Well when I use the Line Tool to create the guidelines and then save the file for print the lines do not print. Not sure if I need to do this in Illustrator as a friend suggested but I think this should be a straight forward thing no?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DonutDog…

I suggest to Place your image in InDesign or Illustrator on the EXACT document size.

This document should have 3mm BLEED/OFFSET – then you export as PDF and don't forget to select the «Print Marks» and include the BLEED/OFFSET.

-> Hope you have the ALL app subscription. Otherwise use the 7-days trial.

btw: You mean Crop Marks, right? Not Guidelines…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crop marks, guidelines and such in PS don't print.

If you have the marks or guidelines then apply the line tool over them, that should print. If they are not outside a printable area.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines