• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hahnemühle Paper ICC Profile NOT visible in Photoshop on Mac

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wtf...when I switch the kind of conversation here all the text is gone and I have to retype. UX from hell...

I am missing the profile of my paper/printer combination that I downloaded from the website of the Paper manufacturer...even I put this profile into following folders in library:

Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles

Application Support/Adobe/Color Profiles
Library/Color Sync and all its subfolders

Strangly there are Epson profiles that came with my printer drivers and I don't see those ANYWHERE in those folders...

Can you help?
I work with mac and use the latest version of photoshop with all updates installed.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

about the Hahnemuhle profiles, do they show up in the Colorsync Utility?

these are the standard places where profiles are found

Are you using macsOS Big Sur? or Monterey?

There have been macOS ICC profile related issues

macOS Big Sur problems - is this issue now fixed?

Hope so - Users are reporting that the update to macOS 11.6.5 fixes the print issues.

History:

There is apparently a bug in macOS Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use/printing,

Some users have reported success after updating to macOS Monterey, personally, I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new macOS  version so soon after release.

Sadly this bug appeared to still be present in macOS 11.6.3, according to users here who have made that upgrade.

Some users have reported positive results in macOS Big Sur - with some profiles being usable after opening them into the ColorSync utility and “fixing” any errors found.

macOS Monterey Problems with printing using Photoshop manages Color?

Users have reported a bug in macOS Monterey 12.2.1 in connection with ICC profile use/printing,

[as there was with macOS Big Sur 11.6.x, fixed in 11.6.5]

It’s been reported that the macOS Monterey 12.3 update fixes the issue.

You also mention missing Epson's standard profiles, they are hidden, see below :

Epson printer profiles are missing in Photoshop manages color in the print dialog (Mac)

To use "Photoshop Manages Color" properly (to make accurate prints) you need access to the printer manufacturer's paper specific profiles, since you need to select the relevant paper profile in that dialog.

Using "Printer Manages Color" should work for Epson’s own papers, as long as the printer driver is correctly installed.

Printer Manages Color [based on the media type selected] calls upon ICC printer profiles from a different installed folder*

[*usually a hidden one, this is so they don't get deleted inadvertently, more on that and how to find them below].

Epson ICC printer profiles may be missing in Photoshop after updating macOSX. This issue started with Mojave.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html#epson-printer-profiles-missing

Adobe’s tips:-

To resolve this issue, reset the printing system in your Mac's system preferences and then add your Epson printer again. 

1. Reset the printing system.
    For instructions, refer to Apple's support documentation: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203343#reset

2. Add your Epson printer again.
    For instructions, refer to Apple's macOSX User Guide documentation: Add a printer on Mac

3. Relaunch Photoshop.

When you select Photoshop manages color in the “print” dialog, the “printer profile” dropdown should now provide you with a list of all the ICC printer profiles on your system. If not please read on.

The Epson installer puts them in hidden folders, but normally Photoshop can access them via a hidden link.

You may be able to find the profiles manually in the folder hierarchy

Are you working on a PC? If so, you may need help from Epson's support team.

Here are some Mac tips for when Photoshop can't find the Epson profiles:

I had to search for these myself on a client site once, took me quite a while and a lot of head scratching. But it means I now know how to find them

Basically, the printer profiles are in a folder hidden away in the system “library”

Navigate to

Your hard disk name”/library/ printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/ [hidden inside a “package”]

[Not in the “your username”/library/ ]

Screenshot below

ICCProfiles.jpg

Inside the ICCProfiles folder (see above) is another folder containing the printer name, e.g:  Epson Stylus Pro 4900_4910.profiles

If you right click [or ‘control’ click] it and select "show package contents"

A contents folder appears

Now look inside that folder and you’ll find the ”resources" folder. 

see screenshot below

Epson Stylus Pro 4900_4910 profiles.jpg

These are the icc profiles which used within the Epson driver [e.g. when you select Photoshop's 'printer manages colour' option],

DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE THEM. It’s OK to copy of course.

SO - don't drag to move them as this actually removes them from the original folder

You can copy to your normal ICC profiles folder which is in the system library

[ computer name/hard disk name/Library/Colorsync/Profiles ]

Restart Photoshop, can you now see the profiles you copied across in Photoshop’s print dialog under "Photoshop manages color"?

Happy Printing

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is the actual filename such as "MyPrinterPaperProfile.icc" and then there is the internal name of the ICC profile that is displayed inside software, such as "My Unexpectedly Different Profile Name for the Same Printer and Paper" which may be throwing you off? Another thing is that you may think that this is a CMYK profile when it is RGB, so it may not be visible where you expect it to be?

ICC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines