• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool not working in Photoshop 23.1.1 on macOS Monterey - getting beyond a joke now

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet again, my hand tool has stopped working.  I'm running version 23.1.1 on a Mac using the Monterey OS.  I have been through all of the previous suggestions from the past years - getting rid of 1Password - resetting the tools - trying without the Graphics Processor etc., etc.

Come on Adobe - you have known about this for years and yet it still happens.  We are paying for this service and expect it to work.

What is the answer? 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Does this problem occur...
1. When using the Hand Tool
2. Holding down the Spacebar to temporarily invoke the Hand Tool
3. Both

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the Hand tool in Photoshop. Are you using a drawing tablet? What happens when you try using the Hand tool? Please try updating Photoshop to the latest version (23.2) to check if the issue persists.

If it persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Also, please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac following the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nikunji.   Touching wood - it seems to be working ok now.  I have updated to the most recent version 23.2.0; reset all of the tools; manually reset all of the preferences.  I had already removed 1Password.

I have also updated the accessibility options as you suggested.

Lets see how it goes but I do appreciate the help you have given me.

Very many thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this problem occur...
1. When using the Hand Tool
2. Holding down the Spacebar to temporarily invoke the Hand Tool
3. Both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael and many thanks for the advice.  I have just replied to Adobe, who also sent a suggestion.  My reply to them was

"Touching wood - it seems to be working ok now.  I have updated to the most recent version 23.2.0; reset all of the tools; manually reset all of the preferences.  I had already removed 1Password.

Lets see how it goes but I do appreciate the help you have given me.

Very many thanks

Paul"

Again Michael, I do appreciate your response

Kindest regards

Paul

Sent by Paul Loseby using Spark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Paul. Great to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines