Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handles Removal ?

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I reset my preferences and seem to have lost an action - even although I have re done it.

Basically when I open up an image (fit to view as an action) it still has the handles, so when I try to move around the image it scrolls up and down, rather than keeping still.

The action opens the image and yes it fits to view, but previously the handles were not there.....  is there a way to get the handles away until I zoom in on the actual image?

This is driving my crazy and its getting very frustrating and causing a lot of wasted time.

Im not sure if there is a box that needs to be ticked or unticked and that could be the simplest solution or if its something else??

Really hope one of the experts can help with this one.

Thank you

Dave

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

In the preferences, check to see I'd overscroll is checked. You might want to uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

I don't see any handles unless you mean the horizontal and vertical scrollbars. Anyway I think you have "Overscroll" checked on. Uncheck it and restart Photoshop.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 11.25.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences, check to see I'd overscroll is checked. You might want to uncheck it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for replying - Overscroll is unticked 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys it reset it self to tick the box, I have unticked it (AGAIN) and it seems to have resoved it!

Thank you all

🙂

Love you guys!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any handles unless you mean the horizontal and vertical scrollbars. Anyway I think you have "Overscroll" checked on. Uncheck it and restart Photoshop.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 11.25.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Overscroll was the issue and has now been unticked

Thank you and to everone that helped me - very quickly too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome. When you say "handles", I think of the tiny boxes in "Free Transform" that you grab with your mouse to resize or shape an image. Scrollbars "pan" the image. Not trying to be pedantic 🙂 but certain terms throw me off. The screenshots really helped.

Anyway, glad we got you on your way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines