• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having a strange text problem, text tool not working at all

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  Im having a strange problem in Photoshop. The text tool isn't working at all, when I go to use it either the text isn't visable or it appears in a grid like pattern (see images). It sems to have only happened today as everything was working fine yesterday 

Is anyone else having the same problem or know any fixes? I updated but it's still happening  

Thanks 🙂

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 20.42.09.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your character palette and reset the parameters. You seem to have fiddled with the kerning or something and may accidentally have a zero value somewhere.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the Photoshop community. I'll help you figure this out. You can begin with resetting the tool itself in this case. Right-click on the Tool icon in the Toolbar menu & select Reset Tool.

SameerK_0-1671564066967.jpeg

If this does not help, ensure no stale preferences in your Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder mentioned below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• macOS: In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu > Library > Go to Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines