• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having almost non-stop crashes on Photoshop 22.4.1 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Photoshop that renders it effectively unusable. Generally it randomly gives me the "Send a report" popup, or it freezes then closes all by itself or if I save or close the file (not the program, just the file). Windows has picked up 24 crashes over the past week, and thats not even all of them. 
I am using Windows 10 Pro version 20H2, Build: 19042.985

I have disabled the GPU acceleration thing, and set ram to 70% and 20% (32GB total) and closed almost all background programs but nothing helps.

This is what windows reliability logger says for a crash from yesterday.

Source
Adobe Photoshop 2021

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎30/‎05/‎2021 09:04 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Photoshop.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 22.4.1.211
Application Timestamp: 60a44ee6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_78b4
Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.964
Fault Module Timestamp: bd2c3c23
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_5A_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009D974
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 78b4
Additional Information 2: 78b4befaad8fed524ae05c797b97f677
Additional Information 3: 25e4
Additional Information 4: 25e458bad785836a0fe25ce5a078f44a

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: b3e5d7eec37b9fb785148c35bfe486aa (1518993136811280042)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the experience due Photoshop 22.4.1 crashing repeatedly. Would you mind telling us if the app crashes while performing a particular task or are the crashes random?

Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer along with the latest drivers for your computers. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue persists, try uninstalling the app using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool & then re-installing it to check if that helps. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

Divers are updated and Im on the most recent version of windows. I did reinstall the program via CC a few days ago but it did not help. 

The program was working perfectly 2 weeks ago, the issue only started early last week/later in the week before.

That said, I did rollback the version to 2 updates ago as I figured it would be more stable, and though I havent used this version for long enough to say for sure, it does seem more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info! If you update Photoshop to the latest version & still continue to face the same issues, please try the steps suggested above (if you haven't already) & let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines