• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues stretching text evenly

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I stretch text it does not stretch evenly down, even when I'm holding down shift. Not sure how to fix this, please help. I want it to look like the "Good" text from the youtube video.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel29688423zsny try using the same font as in the tutorial

2023-05-02 09_35_15-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick is to make absolutely sure that you have the correct points active after converting the Type layer to a Shape layer.  If I drag a rectangular selection across the text below after converting it to a Shape layer, you can see that it works OK for five of the letters.

image.png

...but misses some of the points we need for the rounded letters.

image.png

You need to add those points to the selection using the Direct Selection tool (White Arrow) while holding down the shift key

image.png

That has still resuilted in some distortion of the 'O' characters

image.png

To avoid that you need to remove the points that are exactly at the mid point (height wise).  To do that select the Pen tool and add a point slightly above and below the existing points, and then remove the original points.  This should happen automatically by hovering over the shape with the Pen tool. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi your reply is amazing, I have a similar problem. Mine is that I can't even select key frames on my text when I convert to a shape later, when I try to stretch, it drags the letter. Please help.  +234-915077776 I don't mind a WhatsApp call . Thanks alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines