• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with batch processing.

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from CS3 to the latest Photoshop and am having the same problems with Batch converting images.

Attached is shown the Batch convert box in its default state.  Today is the first day that I am doing this in the new Photoshop.

With everying at their default settings, both the forder of oragin and destination folders get batch converted.  NOT just the desitinaion folder. 

I had this problem for years with CS3 with no help.

If I check the "Supress File Open Options Dialogs" and "Supress Color Profile Warnings" I get something that CS3 never did: a JPG save dialog box.

What can I do to fix this in both CS3 and the new version?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add that all of these files are unedited scan files in the JPG format.  There are no layers or anthing else extra.  Just flat JPG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no Idea what your batch Action does.  Does your action have  any Save As Steps steps. Adobe has change Save Is in Photoshop in Photoshop 2021 that change changes how some Save as steps play in actions. Also in Photoshop 2021 version 22.5 Adobe has broken  magic wand steps in Actions. Post your Actions you are having problem with in Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a list of actions.

Rotate then crop, then curves, then.... on for three or four more.

I guess I'll just use the old laptop and CS3 from 2007 to do the batch edits until I hear more.  I was hoping that this would not be a problem on the new version but I guess it is. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not post the actions you are having problems with there is little we can do to try to help you. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"With everying at their default settings, both the forder of oragin and destination folders get batch converted.  NOT just the desitinaion folder. "

It seems your action is saving files back to original folder. I do not think Batch script is to blame because it won't save without instruction. There were changes in Photoshop recently regarding saving command, maybe that is the problem. Can you expand action and post screenshot or even better upload action somewhere and post link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines