• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing brush tool creates (unwanted) white outline

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday i started getting white outlines when using the Healing brush tool in Photoshop. I've changed multiple settings; including bitrate and RGB/CMYK. I just updated my Photoshop but the probleem seems to still be an issue.

The attached files are my settings and a video of the problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tweaking the healing brush settings like mode, aligned and diffusion didn't seem to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be misusing the Healing Brush Tool, you may want to use the Clone Stamp Tool when extending a Layer’s content into the transparent regions. 

You could also try »Current & Below« but I think that is not what you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the healing brush tool like this for quite a while now and it works fenomenal.  The clone stamp tool creates unblended edges which i would have to edit later on to look like the exact output of what the healing brush tool used to be (without the white borders).

Besides how or how not to use the tool, it still shouldn't have the white edges right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are applying the Tool on transparent areas while set to »Current Layer« – that is not what the Tool is intended for so the result does not seem completely surprising. 

Quote from the Reference: 
»The Healing Brush tool paints with a sample or pattern to repair imperfections in a image.«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested with the oldest Photoshop version I still have installed (CC 2017) and the Tool does not seem to work differently there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoryVB_0-1615901007385.png

This whole part i extended the same way last week, without any white borders. When i do the exact same thing now, white borders appear. So definitely things have changed it the past updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already mentioned this happens even on Photoshop CC 2017 so: No, this has apparently not changed with the latest update. 

Maybe you had a white Backgroudn Layer visible so you didn’t notice the white edge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't. I'll look in to it myself. Maby i changed something in the settings.

Thanks for the additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What difference does it make anyway? 

When you want to use the Healing Brush on the whole transparent area you can address the edges as you go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoryVB_0-1615901804806.png

You're right. If only the white edges where the problem, i could solve it by removing them indeed. But another problem is that with every image, the tool creates this greenish overlay the further i move from the original image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously i created an extreme example with this image, but i hope to point out the problem this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and three months short of two years later, no fix to this problem.  adobe is pitiful now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide meaningful information including screenshots that include the pertinent Panels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines