• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Fast Cleaning Up Imperfections in an image (scratches, dust)

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What is the fastest way to fix imperfections like in the letters in the screenshot below?

Currently, I use the clone tool to get a nice all black spot and then keep clicking all over.

Or, I use the spot healing brush tool to remove the white.

However, both of those methods take forever, tens or hundreds of clicks

I tried using the Paint Bucket Tool however that will make the black blacker but it did not remove the white blemishes.

Is there a faster way to do this at once for an element?

thanks

David

Screenshot 2022-10-08 165525.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make it a Smart Object (in the Layers panel, select that layer and right-click and select Convert to Smart Object). Then apply Dust & Scratches as a Smart Filter (Filter > Noise > Dust & Scratches...). Adjust the slider as needed. The colors should remain the same. You might have some minor touch up after that, but Dust & Scratches should get you much closer to your end result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say the same thing Myra suggested. However with that method, you might get a little loss if there are any fine edges. Kind of doubtful with this type, but if you do, I would use the smart filter layer mask and a small brush to paint back in the original image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines