• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! ICC profile when saving a file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a file for printing do I need co click the icc profile button. I declare I don't remember 

seeing this option before I updated my computer.   I've googled and can't find an answer I'll check back 

often to see if anyone has questions. 

I'm making a book cover for printing on Amazon and I am unsure if I need to click this button or not. 

Thanks 

Samantha 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SamanthaFury1966 

Embedding an ICC profile adds clarity and definition to the numbers/values in the file.

For RGB, definitely – yes!

For CMYK, almost always yes, but no can be a valid option in certain workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I'm not sure what might be a valid option to not use it. My main concern is that I make the correct 

steps to make the best looking book cover for my clients and myself.  Normally my images conist of people sitting standing, sometimes objects lilke books on a table. So it sounds like the best steps would be 

to click that little icc button.  I do thank you for your time. I did search this online I hate to be a bother to people 😉 

Happy Easter!  

Second note, I never noticed this option before I updated to Eleven now it's bright blue and easy to see.  I hope this helps others too. 

Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines