• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help making half a circle or semicircle

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:                                                                                     Level: Just slightly more than a Newbie  OS: Windows 7 64bit   Ps: CS6

I have been trying to make a semicirlce or a half of a circle in order to make a Sun on a horizon.

Thus far I have used the Ellipse tool and tried using the New Layer > Subtract Front Shape method but I am left with something closer to a crescent shape.

I have also tried to draw a circle and then remove handles but that hasn't worked either.

I've tried a few other things but all have failed me. I have also been all over the Adobe "Help", Forums, FAQ's, Youtube etc. but have been unsuccessful in finding a "how to..."

If you're getting the gist of what I am trying to do/explain and you know of a way I can accomplish what I need I would Greatly Appreciate your time and efforts.

Thank you So Much!!

Take care,

Kara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Make a positive circle and negative rectangle inside one Shape Layer. The options bar provides the necessary controls.

Ellipse Tool in "Shape" and "New Layer" mode - draw a circle.

Rectangle Tool in "Shape" and "Subtract Front Shape" mode - draw a rectangle over half of the circle.

If you want, the circle and rectangle can be merged with "Combine Shape Components" (in the options bar) to remove the parts which aren't rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a positive circle and negative rectangle inside one Shape Layer. The options bar provides the necessary controls.

Ellipse Tool in "Shape" and "New Layer" mode - draw a circle.

Rectangle Tool in "Shape" and "Subtract Front Shape" mode - draw a rectangle over half of the circle.

If you want, the circle and rectangle can be merged with "Combine Shape Components" (in the options bar) to remove the parts which aren't rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

conroy...

Thank you for the help. I'm a bit tired 2nite so, I'll give it a go 2mar'o and then luk how it goes

R_Kelly thanx for taking the time to read my post. I always appreciate your input

Mike, that's a good idea too. I'll try that as well

I'll stop back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also look under the custom shapes for the Crescent Moon shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make a circle and mask half of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i read your post wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines