• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Menu Pop-Up - Can't Exit Out

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time that I use the Help Menu in 2023 Photoshop on my Windows PC, it will not close when I click out of it. It is not frozen per se, because I can still use it to search for things, it just will not go away and is right in the middle of the screen; no place to click to exit.  Also, the home and top arrow icons are not highlighted after I complete a search.  The only way to get rid of the Help Menu is to completely close out of Photoshop and go back into PS.  I made sure Rich Tool Tips is unchecked and not sure if that would have made a difference anyway because it is the Help Menu.

Thank you for your time,

Lori

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi, and welcome, @Lori5C48 

The Discover panel by default does not auto-close, unless you hit escape twice (once to erase your search query, a second time to quit it) or if you select a tool (hit CTRL+F, type Gauss and down arrow, then the panels is replaced by the tool/filter/function you wanted.)

This behaviour is by design, in order to allow you to follow the guided tutorials.

As stated by others, Escape or the close widget (you seem not to see it, I'm curious to see what you do) are your f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Discover panel which appears on Help > Photoshop Help? I do not have problem to exit using X in the top right corner of the panel. Have you tried using Escape?

discover panel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the open 'help' menu you are describing

neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and welcome, @Lori5C48 

The Discover panel by default does not auto-close, unless you hit escape twice (once to erase your search query, a second time to quit it) or if you select a tool (hit CTRL+F, type Gauss and down arrow, then the panels is replaced by the tool/filter/function you wanted.)

This behaviour is by design, in order to allow you to follow the guided tutorials.

As stated by others, Escape or the close widget (you seem not to see it, I'm curious to see what you do) are your friends.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessssss!  That worked!! Thank you! and for explaining why I need to do that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, yes, the "why" is as important as the "how"... happy learning, and come back here to help others, you'll see one learns a lot this way as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines