• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed: how to get an older version of ACR?? Support team was not helpful at all

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if anyone has a legitimate suggestion to get a downgrade of ACR that dates from right before the new masking tool. I have tried support but am NOT getting a solution.

Here is my dilemma.

I had an old MacPro on High Sierra. it did not work well with PS 2019 and younger.

I had a laptop on Big Sur that was younger and faster and it worked well with PS 2019 and higher.

I in fact moved it up to 2020 because I liked that version better. It had a version of the ACR plugin that did NOT have the new masking feature.

I then bought a new MacMini and had the same configuration there. Unfortunately it crashed and had to be repaired. It came back wiped and to my disappointment 2019 and up are nowhere to be seen and ACR is the updated one with the new masking feature.

I managed to get a download link from support to ACR 14_2 but it will not respond with PS 2022.

So I am in a bind now.

I cannot downgrade and Adobe will not get me an older version of PS.

Can anyone help?

I am not interested in solutions that make me switch off my firewall and that kind of stuff. that is too dangerous these days. But I do need a solution. Will 2020 work with the older ACR?

Support keeps telling me that they cannot get me something that will work with the latest Big Sur.

I work with several companies that have old software so I cannot upgrade to Monterey right now. I also have people in my company who need training for the new masking feature and I have to keep the workflow going, which is why I am in desperate need for one older version of Photoshop. 

I don't understand the problem here.... Help?

thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: the chat was still open when I went to the Creative Cloud App.

Still no help - I have asked the issue to be escalated to a manager so I expect to be called tomorrow. We will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older versions of Adobe Camera Raw? try this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines